Medication Aide Re-certification
This course is a design for drug therapy comprehensive medication management. The Medication Aide plays a vital role in protecting the health and welfare of the citizens of Texas. It is imperative that Medication Aides, as participating members of the drug therapy team, possess the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out their responsibilities. Medication Aides exercise a vital role in facilitating drug information, communications, medication compliance and positive health outcomes. II. Purpose A. To maintain and enhance the competency of Permitted Medication Aides to
To maintain and enhance the competency of Permitted Medication Aides to administer medications as specified on 40 TAC Chapter 95, Medication Aide
Please Read This Introduction and overview of the program. By taking this course your agree to abide by the onnline rules and regulations for the program and requirements for completion of the online class and certification.
This Medication Aide Re-certification Module 1 and Module 2
Module 1 course consist of 4 parts
- Review of allowable and prohibited practice of the medication aide.
- Requirement for medication aide supervision.
- Review of pertinent changes in the curriculum.
- Safe administration of medication and Mandatory Test 1
Module 2 – A Review of diseases inhibitors and management. Structure and functions of the system
- Clinical and pharmacologic management of residents with cardiovascular diseases.
- Management of patients with congestive heart failure.
- Management of patients with angina
- Management of patients with arrhythmias
- Management of patients with hypertension
- Management of patients with blood clot diseases
- Management of patients with intermittent claudication.
This course is a timed presentation and expires at the end of your study time period. You can pause and continue the course within the time frame. Also note you use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard to switch between slides this gives you the ability to manually scroll between the slides while you study. There will be a test at the end of this module and short quizzes in between learning parts. Ensure that you take the test and a passing grade is 80% of the total 100%.
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate of re-certification.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 7 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 21
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self