Medication Aide – Introduction
The drug therapy team for comprehensive medication management plays a vital role in protecting the health and welfare of the citizens of Texas. It is imperative that Medication Aides, as participating members of the drug therapy team, possess the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out their responsibilities. Medication Aides exercise a vital role in facilitating drug information, communications, medication compliance and positive health outcomes. II. Purpose A. To maintain and enhance the competency of Permitted Medication Aides to
- To maintain and enhance the competency of Permitted Medication Aides to administer medications as specified on 40 TAC Chapter 95, Medication Aide.
Medication Aide Continuing Education Curriculum Program
- Introduction and overview of the program
- Online rules and regulations for the program
- Requirements for completion of the online class and certification.
- Review of allowable and prohibited practice of the medication aide.
- Requirement for medication aide supervision.
- Review of pertinent changes in the curriculum.
- Safe administration of medication.
- Clinical and pharmacologic management of residents with cardiovascular diseases.
- Structure and functions of the system
- Management of patients with congestive heart failure.
- Management of patients with angina
- Management of patients with arrhythmias
- Management of patients with hypertension
- Management of patients with blood clot diseases
- Management of patients with intermittent claudication.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes