Clinical Medical Assistant
The Clinical Medical Assistant Program is a comprehensive course designed to teach the student the skills and abilities essential to function in a variety of medical facilities and other related professional medical organizations. Clinical Medical Assistants performs a variety of duties depending on the type of ambulatory health care setting in which they are employed. Clinical Medical Assistant will be able to use their administrative and clinical and general skills to assist in running any medical office smoothly and efficiently.
Graduates of this program will be able to perform daily administrative tasks, including but not limited to basic medical administrative duties, clerical assignments, computer tasks, professional telephone answering techniques and the ability to use and understand basic software programs, including but not limited to various data entry and word processing applications, along with internet procedures. There is a segment within the program that covers the duties and responsibilities of processing payroll and the tasks associated with this duty. Graduates will leave with an understanding of what a payroll department consists of. And will also have the skills needed to handle and fulfill the duties of a payroll processor for any medical office environment.
This program is designed to prepare the Clinical Medical Assistant graduate with the qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities necessary in order to successfully complete and secure gainful employment within a variety of administrative medical environments settings as entry-level employment as an medical office clerk, administrative medical assistant, medical office assistant, medical receptionist within a medical office, doctor’s office, insurance agencies and medical accounting and coding offices.
Employment of Clinical Medical Assistant is expected to grow by 31 percent from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the average for all occupations. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to spur demand for preventive medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As their practices expand, physicians will hire more assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients. Assistants will likely continue to be used in place of more expensive workers, such as nurses, to reduce costs.
Upon Successfully completing the Clinical Medical Assistant Training Program, graduates will be awarded with the Teamwork certificate of course completion.
Graduates of the Clinical Medical Assistant program will:
- Be able to obtain employment in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Be able to display professionalism in their appearance, job performance, and ability to work as team members.
- Be able to pass the National Healthcareer Association Exam with 80% or better.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of patients from different age groups and cultures.
- Be able to perform administrative duties related to scheduling, billing, coding, and practice finances and information management in the healthcare setting.
- Be able to understand the processes and perform the duties for clinical support.
- Be able to apply legal concepts within the scope of practice for Clinical Medical Assisting and healthcare in general.
- Be able to manage the office and ambulatory care environment.
- Be able to provide patient education and current community resource information.
- Lectures 16
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 120 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 32
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- MA-102 Administrative & Medical Terminology
- MA-103 Health Information in the Medical Office
- MA-104 Billing and Coding Procedures
- MA-105 Financial and Practice Management
- MA-106 Clinical Medical Assisting
- MA-107 Assisting with Medications
- MA-108 Assisting with Medical Specialties
- MA-109 Diagnostic Procedures & EKG
- MA-110 Assisting with Surgeries
- MA-111 Career Development
- MA-112 Introduction to Keyboarding/Typing
- MA-113 Phlebotomy Clinical Applications
- MA-114 CPR/First Aid
- MA-115 Tutorial Computer Lab