Patient Care Technician
This course prepares the student to assist with in-patient and out-patient care in various medical facilities. It is comprised of Basic patient care, Phlebotomy and Electronic Cardiogram. Classroom and practical instruction includes bedside care; obtaining vital signs, measurements and blood samples; and recording electrocardiograms.
Tuition includes textbooks, two sets of scrubs, gait belt, EKG caliper, CPR certification, professional liability insurance, and certification exams (PCT, EKG Technician, & Phlebotomy Technician). Please note: Exam fees are subject to change. Additional fees may apply for state testing purposes and additional certifications.
Upon Successfully completing the Patient Care Technician Training Program, and passing the certification exams graduates will be awarded with the Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT) by National Healthcareer Association.
The Patient Care Technician program offers a broad foundation of knowledge and skills, expanding the traditional role of the nursing assistant. The Patient Care Technician curriculum includes, but is not limited to, the following major skill areas:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Wellness and disease concepts
- Safety and security procedures
- Response to emergency situations
- Personal patient care services and procedures
- Nutrition, medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Setting medical equipment
- Escorting patients to procedures.
- Injections, treatments as well as venipuncture laboratory tests.
- Obtaining EKG’s.
- Computer skills and employability skills.
Total Hours = 360 hours
20 weeks =5 months
Lecture Hours = 160
Lab Hours = 30
Clinical Hours = 170
Weekly Hours = 15
Monday – Thursday – 5 hours each (AM)
Monday – Thursday – 5 hours each (PM)
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 69 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 50
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- PC-101 Introduction to Patient Care
- PC-102 Psychological Aspect of Patient Care
- PC-103 Medical Anatomy and Physiology
- PC-104 Medical Terminology
- PC-105 Medical Law and Ethics
- PC-106 Asepsis and Infection Control
- PC-107 CPR and First Aid
- PC-108 Ambulatory
- PC-109 Basic Nursing Assisting and Geriatric Patient Care
- PC-110 Home Health Care
- PC-111 Applied Health Applications
- PC-112 Introduction to EKG
- PC-113 Applied EKG
- PC-114 Clinical EKG
- PHLB-101 Introduction to Phlebotomy
- PHLB-102 Hematology
- PHLB-103 Applied Venipuncture
- PHLB-104 Clinical Phlebotomy
- PC-115 HIPAA Compliance
- PC-116 Externship
- PC-117 Career Development
- PC-118 Certification Exam Review